Education

Update: N-power portal not hacked, applicants information secured says FG.

Share on social media
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

The federal government has debunked reports that the N-Power portal had been hacked. Rather, the government said the portal was not only secured but also that it had not been compromised in any way.

The Federal Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development, in a statement, through its Deputy Director Information, Rhoda Iliya, disclosed this while talking to radio Nigeria correspondents on Sunday, June 28, 2020.

She said, more than one million applications were received from intending N-Power enrollees across the country in less than 48 hours.

She said, “Over one million applications have been received from across the Federation in less than 48 hours after the Honourable Minister, Sadiya Umar Farouq declared open the new N-Power Portal on the Ministry’s website.”

It called on all young Nigerians between the ages of 18 and 35 with or without formal education to apply for a slot in the new programme which it said, “would be very focused on agriculture.”

“The portal is open for Nigerians who meet the application criteria.”

In a statement released by the Ministry, on Monday, June 29, it was emphasised that, applicants information are secured.

The statement reads : “Inline with the ongoing N-POWER Batch C online application which commenced Friday, June 26, 2020, the Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs Disaster Management and Social Development, hereby announces that over one million applications have been received from across the Federation in less than 48 hours after the Honourable Minister, Sadiya Umar Farouq declared open the new N-Power Portal on the Ministry’s website.”

Rhoda explained that the ministry is aware of fake registration website created by fraudsters, for false registration in other to defraud innocent Nigerians of their had earn monies.

She urged Batch C applicants to apply through the N-power official portal.

https://www.npower.fmhds.gov.ng

Related posts

WAEC Cancellation: Atiku Reacts, says It Will Put Nigeria At More Risk.

insidenaija

Lockdown: Lagos State Govt. launches online lectures for students in tertiary institutions.

insidenaija

ASUU kicks against FG plans to reopen schools.

insidenaija

Leave a Comment