No fewer than 20 bodies of #EndSARS protesters that were shot dead by the Nigerian Army on Tuesday, October 20, 2020, were secretly moved to the Infectious Disease Hospital (IDH) mortuary in Yaba.
According to SaharaReporters, the victims of lekki massacre were said to have been moved following postmortem examinations conducted on their bodies at the Department of Pathology and Forensic Medicine, Lagos State University Teaching Hospital, Ikeja.
The IDH mortuary is beside the 68 Nigerian Army Reference Hospital (68 NARHY), a military health facility in Yaba.
It would be recalled soldiers on Tuesday, October 20, opened fire at youths protesting against police brutality, extortion, killing dozens of them while some were rushed to the hospitals with gun shot injuries.
However, the incident attracted global attention with many prominent people in the world like, Joe Bidden, Hilary clition calling on the government to bring the partatrators of the evil act into brook.
Report has it that before the protesters were area, some official uninstalled the Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) camera and the electricity in the area was also disconnected in other to prevent the protesters from filming the attack.
It was gathered that moment later some military officials moved to the to area of the protest to complete the plan, and by the time the sounds of their guns died down, dozens of protesters had been killed.
However, the Nigerian Army denied present at the protesting ground let alone killing the protesters, but Lagos State governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu, blamed the attack on ‘forces beyond our control’.
Days later, Army statement revealed that the soldiers were invited to the scene of the protest by state governor.
Also soldiers involved in the operation confirmed they were drafted in for the mission on the request of the governor.
The soldiers, who were deployed from 65 Battalion, Bonny Camp, Victoria Island, Lagos, told some victims’ relatives after dumping some of the injured and dead at MRS Hospital that they were sent by Sanwo-Olu.
While the governor insisted that there were only two recorded deaths and no bloodstain at the scene of the protest, military sources told SaharaReporters that no fewer than 30 protesters died as a result of the shooting.
Meanwhile, a human rights advocacy group, Amnesty International, has released a timeline of the Lekki shootings, which it said followed an on-the-ground investigation into the incident.
In the timeline published on Wednesday, the rights groups said it uncovered how soldiers from Bonny Camp opened fire on protesters.
The new timeline of the incident chronicled from how the protest was peaceful, through the firing of gunshots, and up to the statement from Governor Sanwo-Olu that the army was responsible for the shooting.
Amnesty International said its investigation had confirmed that the Nigerian Army and police killed peaceful protesters in Lagos.